More and more job hunting is going online. It’s fast, it’s easy. But there are some fictitious job posts out there So, as always, some caution is called for.
- Never disclose private information on job sites
- Check user reviews
Safe Job Site Registration
- When registering on a job site, first ensure that the site is reputable and has a physical address and landline phone number.
- Most job sites offer flexibility regarding whether you keep your profile ‘public’, ‘confidential’ or ‘private’ (non-searchable). Reputable sites will explain the difference, and you should choose the option most suitable for you.
- Never divulge private information such as your National Insurance number, driver’s licence number, bank account information, credit card information, passport number or date of birth.
- Select and use a safe password and never reveal it to anybody.